This page is designed to help you prepare your submission.
Before submitting you should make sure your submission fits the scope of the journal. Please read over the guidelines here, then register an account (or login if you have an existing account)
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points,...
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Submissions to a peer-reviewed section of the journal have any identifying text and metadata removed from the file.
- The text adheres to the integrity standards of the journal as outlined in the Integrity Statement.
JEPS allows authors to hold both the copyright and the publishing rights over their work without restrictions. However, a mention of their first publication in JEPS will be highly appreciated.
Submissions to JEPS are sent out to two reviewers for double-blind peer review. Reviewers are asked to evaluate suitability paying particular attention to the following set of questions:
Does this article make a significant contribution to its field? Does it show a strong awareness of the relevant secondary literature? Is the writing of a consistently high standard throughout? Does this article speak to the journal's topical focus on European periodical studies, as outlined in the editorial statement?
Reviewers are asked to return their evaluation within six weeks.
Journal of European Periodical Studies allows the following licences for submission:
- CC BY 4.0
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
JEPS is an open access journal that does not charge any subscription fees or article processing charges. Its publication is funded by the European Society for Periodical Research. Please consider joining ESPRit in order to support our journal.
JEPS is published twice a year (Summer/Winter).
JEPS partners with LOCKSS/CLOCKSS for archival preservation of published research to guarantee long-term preservation and access.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.