CfC: Dedicated "Focus-section: Early Career Digital Legal Historians: dare, test and surprise".
Posted by Annemieke Romein on 2022-05-30
Call for Contributions: Dedicated "Focus-section: Early Career Digital Legal Historians: dare, test and surprise".
We are pleased to invite proposals from researchers and others working with digital legal history in the early stages of their careers, for a special section of the Journal for Digital Legal History for publication in November 2022. The theme of this section is "dare, test and surprise".
Digital techniques are often not explicitly discussed, and we would encourage you to show us which techniques worked for your research - but we are also open to explaining which techniques failed. You are welcome to illustrate your work with e.g. notebooks. If you have developed software, databases or -sets that others could reuse: feel welcome to publish with us.
- Length: Pieces in this section should count 2,500-5,000 words (up to 10,000 words max.). Do also consider alternative formats, such as fully explained Notebooks, posters with an additional explanation or linked videos, tutorials or course outlines.
- We accept publications in English; we can also support German, French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese but do contact the editorial board in advance. If you wish to publish in another language than mentioned here, please consult us beforehand.
- More info: https://openjournals.ugent.be/dlh/
- Please send an email before July 1st, 2022, with a short proposal (150 words), including a provisional title and suggested format (and length) for your contribution. Please also include a short biographical statement for the proposed contributor(s), including the area of expertise, interests, affiliation (if applicable), and any other relevant information. We will respond to all submissions within 14 days. Mention in the subject line of the contact form to which CfC you are submitting.
- Submission of your full contribution (of any kind) before September 30th, 2022.
- Peer-review reports before November 4th, 2022.
- Submission of the final version between November 18th - 25th, 2022.
- Appearance on the website – pending positive peer review – two to three weeks after final submission.
Back to News List